Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Quitting the Smokes: Day 2


Well, this is Day Number 2 off the cigarettes, and I'm doing alright. Slightly edgy, this morning when I woke up I unconsciously took a cigarette out of the pack, but then realized, "hey, I don't smoke anymore." I can already feel my chest and my lungs starting to open back up. I didn't cough as much brown mucus as usual.

Anyway, I remember the 1st time I quit which lasted 2 years, it couldn't have been worse timing. The 1st day after I quit, I got laid off from job, which obviously shot my stress level up a notch, but I got through it. So this time I think it will be even easier.

I read a book, a pretty famous book called "Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking" and that's how I quit the 1st time. I don't actually remember why I started again, I think I was pretty depressed, then I met this girl around that time who smoked, so I think I had one of hers, and then before I knew it, the fucking chain started again. The psychology of this book is really interesting. Anyone struggling to give these stupid things up should consider reading this book. It IS easy to quit smoking, but it's easy to start too. Just stick with it.

Anyhow, I hope I won't have to read this damn book a 3rd time. Cheers!

No comments: