Thursday, August 17, 2006

BE COOL.

OK, Tsuyoshi is one of my students and he frequently shows up at my house adorning this T-shirt with the "Cool" logo with the lightning bolt above it.

OK, Tsuyoshi, what the fuck is "cool" about lightning? What if your ass got blasted with a bolt of lightning, would that be "cool"? I don't think so. There ain't nothing cool about lightning.

Anyway, I'm just razzing you Tsuyoshi, I don't really care that much about the shirt, it's just another example of the retarded and meaningless English slogans you see in Japan. I don't know why this one strikes me as so damn funny, but it does.

I just get a mental picture of a guy walking down the street with a Coke in his hand, backwards hat, wearing this shirt, then suddenly, it clouds over, and starts thundering and lightning, then ZZZZ Z ZZ Z Z Z Z, he gets blasted by lightning, then it cuts to the logo, "COOL". What's the product? Don't know. I guess it's trying to sell the American dream. At least they spelled it right, not "Kool" or something like that...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of all the words used in present day English slang, few have been around as long as "cool". I guess "man" has been around for a while now.

Also, nothing is cooler than a single lightning bolt, except for pussy. (as in nothing beats....)