Monday, July 31, 2006

SOAK WASH RINSE SPIN

Another great design book I dug out of the Attic while home in Canada was SOAK WASH RINSE SPIN by Tolleson Design, a design company based in San Fran. I highly recommend it, especially if you are an educator of design.

I obsess endlessly over design books and there's actually very few that I highly recommend. This book is a rare exception. Not only is it well designed, but it explains projects step by step in a concise manner with the concept in mind, not just the style.

The book thoroughly covers many aspects of graphic design like symbol application, interactive design, branding and signage just to name a few. You really get a good glimpse of a unique group of talented individuals that produce cool work without trying to be trendy and self-indulgent.

This book doesn't read as a promotional book at all, but an indispensable handbook that any graphic designer would gain insight from that contains more images and information than most design annuals. I've read some people complaining that the text is too hard to read but I have no problem with it so get some fucking glasses... In short, this book fucking rocks, so get it!

No comments: