Sunday, July 30, 2006

ATTIK Noise 3

As I mentioned below in another post, I finally got THE BOOK that I've been chasing after for the last 10 years, now the best design book in my collection I think. My friend and former creative director, Olaf Strassner gave it to me as a wedding present.

It's in pretty awesome shape, but a few of the pages are falling out near the front of the book. It' still got the metal case, which has a few scratches and it also got a few little dents when it was in transit during my honeymoon. But other than that, it's in great condition. It's amazing how so many ideas and creativity could go into one book. I will cherish this one for a long time to come. Thanks Olaf...

The images I posted here are from Attik's site, I wasn't going to bother scanning in pages because I want to keep it good condition. Like I said above, some of the pages are falling out so I don't want any more to fall out.

It's perfect bound but It's a shame it wasn't bound a little better. That's also a problem with Noise 2, you have to be careful when opening it. Noise 3. 5 was just saddle-stitched (stapled) so there was no problem. They finally got it right with Noise 4 which has very sturdy perfect binding. Anyway, I may try to get it fixed at a professional book binder sometime in the future.

No comments: