Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Popping the Cherry

Well, cherry blossom season is pretty much over, and I'm kind of glad. Because during cherry blossom season, I can't go to a park without running into scads of tourists and natives with their cameras ready to take pictures.

Holy Jeebus, what's all the fuss? I never understood it I guess, I know it's a treasured cultural event in Japan, but I mean, c'mon, they're just fuckin' trees. And yes, they're pretty to look at, but they aren't the most beautiful thing there is... I think fall is a much more beautiful scene.

Anyway, I guess I should cherish the damn trees, since this will be my last spring in Japan, as I'm heading back to Vancouver in June.

Cherry blossom season is really just an excuse for people to set the tarps out and get wasted. Check out this video.

No comments: