Monday, December 08, 2008

Bums N' Hosers: Chinese Food Democracy

I know this album has already been reviewed by a million people already, but I'll add my 2 cents worth anyway. How fuckin' long have fans been waiting for this? How long has Axl Rose pissed around with recording, producing, mixing tweaking, etc? Too long. For an album that is so anticipated and steeped in controversy, why isn't it selling more copies? I think people just got fed up. And when you listen to it, it doesn't sound like anything special. But it IS good. I am actually pleasantly surprised. It's not Appetite For Destruction, Lies, Use Your Illusion, or even Spaghetti Incident. And that's a good thing.

It's quite a mess and that's not necessarily a bad thing. But in my opinion, the G n' R name should not be attached to this, because it's not a band. It's Axl Rose w/ a ton of guests.

There's a few great songs, a few good songs, and a few not so great songs. That's it. Axl's voice still sounds great. Buckethead's on it, and he shreds. My only real complaint is the cover, which is easily the worst cover of the year, if not the decade. Why? Just.... why did he use it? Anyway, it's not an album you need to buy and I think many people are just downloading it anyway, so screw Best Buy. I guess that's why it hasn't been selling as many copies as originally anticipated. Long live G n' R!!! Welcome to the motherf##kin' jungle. Yuk Yuk Yuk.

No comments: